So, regular blogging went well so far. The last post was already two months ago. I guess I have a lot of other stuff going on right now, but I really hoped I would be able to get a little bit more out. Well, it is what it is.
I will still be a bit busy for another few weeks, but let me share a few plans for the future, at least. I have a couple of ideas of what to write about and what to do (and then write about).
- I want to share my home automation setup. I always find it very interesting to hear about other peoples' setups, how they use home automation and what they have implemented. Also, it might be interesting to see how the setup develops over time, as it has already changed several times.
- Something about 3D printing is also bound to make an appearance on this blog. I recently got me a cheap 3D printer and I am absolutely fascinated by it. I already learned a lot about the technology and what it can accomplish.
- The reboot of my home automation setup: I am moving house soon and want to use this as an opportunity to simplify and also extend my home automation installation. A lot of stuff that's currently in there is a bit unnecessary and bloaty by know. I'd love to clean it up a bit. I'd also love to integrate a few new sensors, actors and create a some automations for the new home.
- Zigbee in Home Assistant: I recently got a bunch of Zigbee devices. Looking forward to getting them integrated in Home Assistant and blogging about it.
- My long term project: I have started a larger project involving electronics, a lot of software and home automation. I don't want to reveal too much at the moment, but I think this will be an interesting one.
- Contributing to Home Assistant has also been something I wanted to do for a while. So far I do not have a specific project here. Anything that I was trying to accomplish, was already supported by Home Assistant anyway. Maybe I'll stumble across something in the future.
Well then, let's hope it will be less than two months before I write again. I am certainly motivated to do something.